Preparing for Your Telemedicine Visit
Please click the button below about 3-5 minutes prior to your scheduled visit.
Select your provider from the drop-down list and then enter the PATIENT’S NAME, not parent’s name.
Your provider will appear on your screen shortly.
- New telemedicine users may wish to go to the website early to do a “Pre-Call Test” (lower left corner of screen) to be sure your device and internet connection are adequate
- Use strong Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection, try to avoid cellular wireless data connection on your cell phone because it may not be fast enough.
- Newer generation cell phones (iPhone 11, X, even some earlier models, etc.) have wonderful cameras and work better than laptop computers and allow you to move the camera around to examine your child easily.
- Close Apps or programs you are not using (or restart computer)
- Google Chrome or Apple Safari browsers work best.
- Have a small penlight available to aid in exam (with most cellphones you are not able to use the camera and flashlight at the same time).
- Have a pen and piece of paper available to take notes during your visit
- Set your phone down in front of you so that your Provider can see you, because holding the phone and moving around affects video and sound quality.
- For infants and toddlers with fever or respiratory symptoms have them undressed and wrapped in blanket so they are already comfortable and ready to be examined.
- Please Do Not schedule Telemedicine visits during your child’s naptime or when your child is not available to be with you during the visit.
- If surveys were sent to you or your child prior to your Telemedicine visit please complete and return them to our office prior to your visit.
Because Telemedicine visits allow us to provide most services that you would normally receive during an office visit, we will send a bill for our services to your insurance company. Your insurance may pass co-payments or other cost sharing on to you for payment just as you normally would have for a similar visit in the office.